We are seeking a Regional Finance Manager for our office in Beijing, China. Working closely with the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), the Regional Finance Manager will be responsible for providing support to the senior researchers in the region.
The regular requirements will include oversight of monthly revenue recognition, monthly cost control and forecasts and budgeting. In addtion, the Regional Finance Manager will be responsible for the local company regulatory and compliance submissions. Supporting the central finance team and liaising with external advisors as required ensure these objectives are delivered.
Although this is a commercial role, there will be some hands-on, technical accounting requirements. For example, supporting credit control or accounts payable with local clients/vendors, or some technical journals to complete local accounts. This role will be fairly autonomous in the region and needs a dynamic self-starter with a confident approach.
- Month-end revenue analysis for regional team
- Monthly cost analysis and reporting
- Oversee the Regional Budget and Forecast cycles
- Ad hoc decision support
- Support the maintenance of proper financial accounting systems and processes from both the group and local perspectives
- Day to day in-country tasks including invoicing, tax compliance and some communication with suppliers/clients as required by central team
- Lead contact with local legal, tax and audit firms
- Principle contact with ‘central’ payroll team
- Maintain local bank accounts and work with central treasury team
- Act as office lead
- Support the ongoing maintenance and quality of the finance and management information systems
- The job holder will be expected to work with a high degree of autonomy and is accountable for the timely output and accuracy of financial and management information
Education and Work Experience Required
- Fluent English and ability to communicate via conference systems
- Be a Qualified accountant (ACCA/CPA or equivalent)
- Strong Excel Skills
- Ability to demonstrate a breadth of finance system skills, (some experience of implementations would be ideal), and ability to learn quickly
- Good understanding or experience of an international organisation combined with strong commercial acumen
- Ability to build strategic working relationships, & liaise with different cultures and characters.
- Confidence to take on new tasks and deal with external advisors
- Ability to oversee the running of a small office
- Strong analytical skills
Technical Skills Required/Desired
- Experience of China GAAP reporting and local tax rules
- Experience of IFRS reporting
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment
- Understanding of revenue recognition
- Experience of local payroll - desirable
If you meet our criteria and would like to take part in growth of Kynetec, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter in English. We guarantee discretion to all candidates.
Send CV with cover letter to:
Make sure to include the job title in your subject line.