We are seeking a Project Manager to join our well-established custom team in Malaysia. The Project Manager has primary responsibility for managing studies across the APAC region, including project management, client servicing and supplier management. In addition, this role will be involved interacting and working together with our experienced and knowledge global custom research teams across Americas and Europe.
Research design and proposal development
- Assists in creating bids for proposals including designing RFPs and getting costs from operations (supplier management team) and estimating research hours
- Drafts a concept for study design, design and write questionnaires and topic guides (desk research on topics/client’s business, draft topic guides/questionnaires, topic guides/questionnaire revisions, works with Marketing Science, Weighting, Sampling on special aspects of questionnaire development as needed, preparing a code plan - normally smaller projects/standardized projects
- May support pricing development for specific elements of projects with supervision
- Project manager for smaller project or parts of complex projects
- Delivers the projects on high quality and on delivery costs according to plan
- Alignment and collaboration with internal groups
- Handling of day-to-day issues of the project
- Works with a team to design studies, edit research tools, and plan analyses and reporting.
- Oversees the data collection processes such as preparing study specifications for operations and/or agencies, client reports, drafting questionnaires, quota monitoring, sample delivery, troubleshooting and testing
- Tests quality of data collection and sample screening instruments. Edit questionnaire/survey items.
- Monitors data collection procedures / instruments.
- Creates tables specification, reports populating, data analysis and reporting
- drafts discussion guides
- designs briefing notes, reporting template for Kynetec colleagues and agencies
- is aware of more advanced interviewing principles and practices
- conducts more complex project interviewing/ techniques on a range of issues
- enables respondents to easily express thoughts and feelings
Analysis and reporting
- Supports in creating impactful reports with detailed and meaningful insights
- Helps to write headlines/executive summary, makes suggestions
- In smaller projects, gives live/telco presentations to the customer (junior and mid-level management at clients)
- creates and populates presentation charts
- analyzes data and use a variety of tools to run cross-tabs and interrogate the data for meaningful results / liaise with DP to generate useful tables
- Effectively analyses interview material
- Produces comprehensive country reports (following provided internal template)
- Produces overview report drafts highlighting implications and recommendations
- Begins to have regular interaction with junior and mid-level client management (presentations, phone calls, meetings, e-mail).
- Communicates study progress to account manager and other senior colleagues in charge of the project.
Education and Work Experience Required
- Bachelor's or master's degree
- 4+ years of market research work experience
- Knowledge of Animal or Agriculture industry specifics is a plus
Technical Skills and Competences Desired
- Good knowledge of industry, basic knowledge of Custom Research portfolio
- Advanced project management skills
- Fluent in English
- Advanced in MS Office
- Advanced analytical skills
- Basic presentation skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A problem solver, able to think strategically
- Interested to learn new things, and innovative
- Drives for results
- Builds productive relationships and client focus
- Acts with integrity and widely trusted
- Willing to admit mistake and learn to do better
- Can work both independently and as a team member
- Flexible and able to work to the time constraints/differences inherent with working in a global team
- Willing to travel (within Malaysia, and with APAC region)
If you meet our criteria and would like to take part in growth of Kynetec, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter in English. We guarantee discretion to all candidates.
Send CV with cover letter to:
Make sure to include the job title in your subject line.