We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our globally distributed but close-knit team in creating, delivering, and maintaining our software-based solutions and platform. To be based in either the UK or Poland.
- You’ll have come from a Software Engineering background with SysOps experience because to be successful as an individual, you recognised the need to grow and be multi-disciplined.
- You’re someone who is pro-active and motivated, not afraid to jump into the technology stack at any level. You’re someone who applies best practice based on knowledge and experience in implementing and operating software in a Production environment.
- Ideally, you’ll have spent at least 5 years as a DevOps Engineer with at least 2-3 years supporting and collaborating with technical leads and working across functional teams to implement and instil the DevOps culture in an organisation.
- You’re a stickler for quality, with an eye for detail; Performance and security are just 2 things which run through your mind as you shift focus across the different parts of the SDLC and delivery mechanics in a Cloud-based environment.
- You yearn for those challenges others would find difficult and you succeed because your logical approach and lateral thinking serves you well!
- You’ll want to work for us at Kynetec because you want to make a difference and make your effort count – you want to create something amazing and know your fingerprints are all over it.
About the Job
- You can expect to be hands-on coding, scripting, and process (re-)engineering.
- The role requires you to be able to work on your own as much as with others in the business, and for that you’ll need to be a good communicator to convey your solutions and updates.
- As a global, data centric company, we want to ensure we handle data “properly”. You’ll be expected to implement solutions which are asynchronous and distributed in nature, predominantly focusing on security, segmentation, availability, and performance.
- You’ll use your skills and knowledge to help choose and shape the use of tools, applications, and cloud based services in such a way that we’re continuously improving our build pipelines in a relentless mission to speed up feedback loops, shorten release cycles, and strengthen resiliency because as we grow, so do our challenges. This means you won’t be the sort of person who’s fazed by unfamiliar technologies; you’ll evaluate them and pick them up quickly where needed.
- Required: AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional)
- Desired: AWS Certified Big Data and AWS Certified Advanced Networking
Skills & Technologies
- Tool agnostic – you recognise one shoe does not fit all and you’re not afraid of gathering information to support in making informed decisions to pick the most appropriate language or technology
- Design, build, and operationally manage a technology stack
- Configure and manage health checks, single points of failure, alerts, and notifications
- Working with Linux and Windows based environments interchangeably
- Architectures: Server based, Serverless, event and message-based models
- Languages: Python, Perl, C#, Java, Bash, Powershell
- Technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Git, Tableau, AWS
- Databases: Aurora, Redshift, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL
- Machine Learning: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe2, scikit-learn, Gluon with Apache MxNet, SageMaker
- Spoken language: English
- A strong cloud systems operations and networking background
- Up to date with creating and operating AWS in a Production environment. Multi-account setups, EC2, S3, VPCs, IAMs, ELBs, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Lamba, Step Functions
- Working with CloudFormation or preferably, Terraform to plan and create infrastructure as code
- Working with Vagrant to manage environments
- Working with large (Exabyte) volumes of data – exporting, transforming, migrating, sanitising, backing up, archiving, and retrieving using batches and streaming
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks and weaknesses in execution/process flows and pipelines
- Working with and supporting other Engineers at the code and configuration level
- Previously mentored and coached Developers and junior DevOps and SysOps staff
- Scripting the hooks and the glue to ensure systems communicate with each other seamlessly
- Actively participate in technical forums
- Common security protocols and identity and access management systems
- Architecture: PaaS; IaaS; distributed; event driven; message driven
We guarantee discretion to all candidates.