Kynetec is the global leader in agricultural and animal health market research, with expertise in crop protection, machinery, seed/biotech and fertilizers, animal health and nutrition. Kynetec is a growing company operating in a motivating international environment. Our team is searching for an experienced Global IT Infrastructure Manager who can maintain and expand our global IT environment. The Global IT Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for managing, maintaining and improving the entire global Kynetec IT infrastructure.
Purpose of the Role
To ensure that Kynetec IT users worldwide have the necessary support services to make the efficient use of their systems.
- Manage and oversee the IT server infrastructure across physical, virtual and Cloud environments ensuring adequate performance, reliability and cost effectiveness. Server infrastructure includes physical and virtualised servers and storage, as well as Cloud resources in Azure and AWS.
- Manage and oversee the IT network infrastructure across physical and virtual sites, ensuring adequate performance and reliability. Network infrastructure includes MPLS, SD-Wan, local switching and WiFi.
- Manage and oversee contractors and 3rd party service providers tasked to provide specific services to improve or maintain our IT infrastructure.
- Ensure issues that are raised with the Service Desk, related to our Infrastructure, are dealt with and responded to appropriately, ensuring our staff can work effectively at all times.
- Liaise with senior business staff regarding the performance and reliability of our Infrastructure. Our focus is to ensure the Infrastructure meets the needs of staff, ensuring they can deliver exceptional service at all times.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on best practice in Cloud computing technologies. Where necessary, be able to expertly assess infrastructure designs and solutions from our business partners for new services to ensure performance, reliability and cost effectiveness.
- Have a good understanding of current industry IT security challenges and their respective solutions and mitigations. Be able to demonstrate a ‘secure-by-design’ approach to tasks and projects.
- Be able to demonstrate a team focus in all areas of work. Be available to assist on tasks that may fall outside of the usual scope of work as and when the need occasionally rises.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a global focus and mindset and with professionals from a broad range of countries and cultures. Will be required to own and develop relationships with suppliers and other technical staff.
- Act as a mentor to assist in training of other staff and contractors.
- Be a member of the Kynetec IT Global Management Team and contribute to the team. Providing regular reports and make recommendations for service improvements.
- Mentor and train staff and contractors as required.
- 10 years in IT, 5 in a lead infrastructure role.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft server and Azure cloud environments.
Typical Education and Work Experience Required
- Service management in a substantial multi-site business
- Management of third-party support providers
- Commercial sector experience.
- Project management of hardware/software upgrades and installations.
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate with both senior management and users at all levels
- Self-confident, assertive, respectful and authoritative.
- Willing to travel to Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
- Working in merger/acquisition situations or high-growth environments.
- International business.
- Market research, professional services or knowledge-based environment
We guarantee discretion to all candidates.