Kynetec is a global leader in market research for animal health and agriculture, helping companies around the world understand the dynamics of their marketplace, turning data into business opportunities, and enabling our clients to create winning strategies.
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join our globally distributed but close-knit team in creating, delivering, and maintaining our industry-recognized software-based solutions and platform.
You're a Senior Developer and know your way around AWS. With 6+ years’ experience working across the full technology stack, you will be comfortable working on back-end and front-end systems.
You will know when or how to script to automate an activity to do a task more effectively. You should have the eagerness for applying SDLC best practices and can quickly build a positive reputation because of your can-do attitude and desire to deliver on your commitment.
You have a proactive nature and thirst to progress quickly. You’re capable and keen to stretch out to support and work alongside DevOps and network engineers when and where necessary.
On a typical day, you can expect to be actively working on Kynetec’s data pipelines and content delivery platform. This will involve deep knowledge about databases and AWS’ Big Data Services, microservices, and event-driven architectures. Efficiency, quality, and experience with automation are paramount for this role.
Team members around the world with depend on you, so effective communication is vital. Setting the right level of expectation is extremely important too, not just within the team but business users, operations staff, data engineers, and end-users as well.
As a Full-Stack Developer, it’s expected you'll work closely with the Senior Director of Software Development and DevOps to help identify bottlenecks and make recommendations for improvements.
- Working with large (Exabyte) volumes of data – exporting, transforming, migrating, and cleaning as asynchronous batch jobs and streams
- Data mining
- Rule-based, fuzzy logic, and machine learning data processing
- Extensive practical experience using a wide range of AWS technologies, including: S3, EC2s, Lambda, Step Functions, Glue, EMR, API Gateway
- Logging and monitoring of systems and data flows
- Creating, maintaining, and testing back-end API-based services
- Creating, maintaining, and testing front-end web-based GUIs
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks and weaknesses in execution/process flows and pipelines
- Working with and alongside DevOps and Support staff
- Developing and maintaining large, distributed, highly available, highly scalable, event driven, serverless and microservice architectures
- Participating in the Scrum team activities
- Supporting and working with other members of the development team
Databases: PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Desirable: Machine Learning, Fuzzy Logic
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements and would like to take part in the growth of Kynetec, click here to apply.
We guarantee discretion to all applicants.