Kynetec is a global leader in market research for animal health and agriculture, helping companies around the world understand the dynamics of their marketplace, turning data into business opportunities, and enabling our clients to create winning strategies. We’re looking for a Manager of Real Time Trackers in Japan.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute activities involving Syndicated Products (including AgriScene) in Japan to ensure production and delivery of high quality data, maintain ongoing and generate new business and to offer timely and effective client support.
- Identify and develop new product opportunities and methodologies for the Japan market.
- Assist new syndicated product development in the animal health field.
- Assist custom colleagues with crop and animal health projects conducted in Japan.
- Organize syndicated crop project schedule and work closely with UK colleagues to ensure timely project delivery.
- Liaise with Japanese field agencies to execute fieldwork, monitor progress and ensure quality meets the required standard. Improve project quality to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Present new products and services, consolidate and enhance existing relationships through training of client staff in use of syndicated products and software.
- Meet with current customer base to discover unmet customer needs and suggestions for product and service enhancements.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to provide support to meet customer needs and solve customer technical problems.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs, workshops and training.
New Business Development
- Cultivate and build on current Kynetec and personal relationships to maintain current business and grow incremental sales of existing and new products.
- Prospect for new business by identifying potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solutions/services.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
Business Development Planning Assistance
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
Business and Financial Management Assistance
- Assist in forecasting and monitoring of project sales, revenues and costs to ensure profitability of studies.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet targets.
- Coordinate and maintain excellent working relationship and lines of communication with clients and staff about ongoing projects to ensure client requests are successfully met in a timely manner.
- Regularly use Syndicated Products to become fully familiar with their functionality, definition of terms used in them, their purpose and benefits for the client. Develop the skills to promptly and efficiently provide technical support for clients in the use of these products and identify areas for continuous improvement and enhancement.
- Assist in data verification procedures and database testing on data collected and investigate variances to ensure the highest possible standards for integrity of study results.
- Assist in development of questionnaires, reports, and presentations.
- Travel as needed to attend to internal Kynetec, client and project needs.
- Knowledge of the agriculture crop protection industry in Japan
- Experience in sales and/or marketing
- Experience understanding client needs and translating these needs into deliverable services
- Ability to work independently and within a small team
- Comfortable with handling client and supplier negotiations and project debriefs
- Experience working for a major multi-national agrochemical, seed, animal health and/or market research company is preferred
- Outstanding academic achievement with at least a B.A. or B.S. degree
- Minimum 5 years working experience
- Market research experience is desirable
Other Skills Required
- Native in Japanese
- High level English reading, written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with major PC software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Organizational skills to coordinate activities.
- Must be able to coordinate tasks from project start to finish.
- Must be proactive and attentive to detail.
- Must be responsive.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Reliable and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with and to supervise others.
- Ability to maintain quality while performing multiple tasks under demanding time and budget constraints.
- Ability to work flexible hours, such as weekends and evenings, to fulfill client requests and internal requirements.
Professional Growth Potential
Kynetec attempts to promote from within whenever possible. The opportunity for advancement depends on such factors as position availability and individual motivation, skill, experience, education, past performance, and overall suitability for the position available.
How to Apply
We guarantee discretion to all candidates.