Kynetec is the leading global, full service, full-spectrum market research company to the crop protection, seed, biotechnology, farm machinery and animal health industries. With offices across North & South America, Europe and Asia, Kynetec provides a comprehensive range of information and consultancy. It is a dynamic and fast paced company with the financial backing to support its growth aspirations blending organic and acquisitive opportunities using cutting edge technology.
As an employee owned and private equity backed global network, we are optimally placed to move quickly to meet clients’ needs and maintain an employee focused ethos.
Kynetec is very multinational with entity structures in 20+ different countries – a footprint normally associated with much larger companies and trades in multiple currencies.
The Revenue Accounting Manager role is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and bright candidate to manage the revenue recognition process at Kynetec. Kynetec sell and manage hundreds of market research projects in a year of varying sizes and complexities and this role is responsible for ensuring that the revenue and direct cost accounting is compliant with IFRS15 and the O2C process operates in a robust and efficient way.
This role is a key member of the senior finance team working closely with both the Financial Controller, the FP&A team and the business.
As part of a small team, this is not a rigid role and will have lots of opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in all aspects of a multinational private equity backed company.
Purpose of the Role
Management of the revenue and direct cost recognition process and ensuring that project revenue and costs are reported accurately and in accordance with IFRS15.
- Running the revenue process in NetSuite and associated systems
- Continuing to develop the revenue process and capabilities of NetSuite
- Driving efficiencies in the O2C process
- Ensuring integrity of master data and project data
- Assisting the billing and accounts receivable team with queries on projects, invoicing and billing
- Ensuring deferred revenue and accrued revenue reconciliations are performed and accurate
- Manipulating large data sets efficiently to assist analysis
Technical skills required
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong financial systems skills
- Experienced in revenue recognition, ideally in a project based environment, and knowledgeable in IFRS15
- Experience of working in a multi-currency, multi-national environment
Typical Education and Work Experience required
- Graduate qualified accountant with at least 3 years PQE
- Excellent communicator with an ability to explain and listen.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in output
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
We guarantee discretion to all candidates.