We’re looking for a competent Support Engineer to join our team to provide fast and useful technical, first-line assistance to our internal and external users.
You must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical users to quickly understand the problem at hand, then be able to relay, explain, or find the solutions for them. You can expect to use email, chat-based applications, and the telephone to engage with users to provide them with quick answers to common and simple issues. For more complex problems, you can expect to engage with the technical teams responsible for the applications and underlying platforms while acting as the conduit between them and the user.
We strive to build robust, intuitive applications and services, and this role will help support that objective by also gathering feedback for improvement as well as writing, and proofing instructions and technical notes, and carrying out testing and quality assurance activities when needed. You can also expect to attend team retrospectives and some management sessions to help drive continuous improvement.
- Take ownership of issues being reported and seeing them through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, and troubleshoot application and service issues
- Liaise with technical and business teams
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to customers
- Prepare and maintain technical and user documentation and FAQs
- Provide cover for quality assurance and testing
- Escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Log and track all issues
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Helpdesk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows and macOS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems and mobile devices
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk/ticketing systems such as Zendesk, JIRA, Team Services etc.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical support verbally and written
- Proven experience in building relationships and trust with the user community
How to apply
We guarantee discretion to all candidates.