We are hiring a Data Manager on our US/Canada Animal Health Subscription Services team. This purpose of this position is to help our team meet financial objectives by assisting Managers with all aspects of subscription-based data/research projects. This position is open to individuals that can work from home in the US or Canada or from one of our office locations in St. Louis, MO or Guelph, ON.
The main function of the Data Manager is to work directly with data to help make it meaningful for clients
As a member of a small team, the Data Manager will also be called on to provide input on all parts of project development, including proposal development (ie study design, methodology, pricing), data collection, data analysis, data reporting, and client fulfilment.
- Data Analysis: The Data Manager will spend a great portion of their time working hands-on with data to extract and illuminate meaningful information that lies within. This will involve using Miscrosoft-based tools to manipulate the data and will require creativity and attention to detail when applying statistical concepts to solve problems. The Data Manager will examine data outputs to uncover trends and to find meaningful insights. Advanced Excel skills and an understanding of statistics are important.
- Quality Assurance: The Data Manager will be responsible for checking data outputs to ensure quality standards are met. They will develop and implement sound quality control processes to ensure data is representative, valid, and reliable. Attention to detail is a crucial skill.
- Preparation of Deliverables / Reporting: The Data Manager will also spend a great portion of their time preparing standard and customized client deliverables – and helping clients get value of our services.(ie creating PowerPoint reports, adding solid commentary and analytical insights, building Excel models, designing tableau-based reports, etc.) In addition to building and delivering outputs for clients, the data analyst will bring expertise and knowledge regarding data. As such, they will participate in client briefings.
- Project Management: The Data Manager position will also manage small research projects that are subscription-based. These could include one-off requests for data-mining, or stand-alone ad-hoc studies that are multi-client in nature. As a project manager, the Data Manager will coordinate internal teams (ie Data Enrichment, Fieldwork, Central Operations Team, Programmers, Software Developers, Custom Teams, etc.) and external resources (ie data collection partners) to meet project requirements and timelines.
Technical Skills Required
- Basic knowledge of the Animal Health Industry is desired
- Basic knowledge of market research tools and methods is desired
- Basic project management skills are necessary
- Fluent in English
- Advanced analytical skills are important, particularly analysis tools found in Excel
- Should be comfortable presenting materials to groups of people
- Experience with Technical writing is plus – should be able to describe numerically based findings with words and images in a clear and concise way
- Detail oriented
Typical Education and Work Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years of work experience (after bachelor's degree)
If you meet the job requirements and would like to take part in the growth of Kynetec, please click here to start the application process.
We guarantee discretion to all applicants.