Kynetec is the leading global full-service, full-spectrum market research company to the Animal Health and Crop industries. With offices across North & South America, Europe and Asia, Kynetec provides a comprehensive range of information and consultancy. It is a dynamic and fast-paced company with the financial backing to support its growth aspirations blending organic and acquisitive opportunities using cutting-edge technology.
We are seeking a Research Director, based in Argentina to be an active member of a strategic client management team.
Purpose of the Role
- Consults non-strategic clients regarding their questions
- Is an active member of a strategic client management team
- Manages projects from proposal stage to final delivery (with almost no intervention from line manager), creating impactful reports and presentations
- Presents reports at the client, using ThinkStoryLine method.
- May be responsible for the management of one or 2 research analyst/s or intern/s.
- Managerial Responsibility:
- Counselling, technical instructing and monitoring of the employees involved in the project, ensures that expectations are clearly defined and communicated
- (Possibly) management of a very small team (1/2 individuals) and in consultation with line manager: including staff management, resource allocation, project oversight, performance management, developing, training
- Project cost controlling
- Research Design & Proposal Development:
- Proposal development including proposal writing (independent for standardized studies, under supervision in more complex projects), prepares specs for a proposal, put together project pricing and timeline, cost estimation, case studies, desk research
- Designs concept study, writes questionnaires and topic guides (desk research on topics/client’s business, draft questionnaires/topic guides, questionnaire/topic guide revisions, works with Marketing Science, Weighting, Sampling on special aspects of questionnaire development as needed, preparing a code plan – autonomously for smaller projects, in more complex projects under minimal supervision.
- Project Execution:
- Manages simultaneously multiple projects (simple and more complex), under the supervision of line manager
- Full responsibility for project management, particularly for less complex ones, including full responsibility of research documents (which design may or may not be delegated to more junior staff)
- Informs KAM on status and issues
- Supervises junior project staff/ other country Kynetec colleagues/ external partners like freelancers
- Designs questionnaires in conjunction with internal experts, and takes part in debate with clients
- Oversees the data collection processes such as preparing study specifications for Operations and/or agencies, client reports, drafting questionnaires, quota monitoring, sample delivery, troubleshooting and testing,
- Tests quality of data collection and sample screening instruments. Edit questionnaire/survey items.
- Monitors data collection procedures / instruments.
- Creates tables specification, reports populating, data analysis and reporting
- Designs discussion guides and takes part in debate with clients
- Designs briefing notes, reporting template, briefing of Kynetec colleagues and agencies
- Able to deal with difficult participants and awkward group dynamics
- Elicits people's deepest beliefs, feelings and assumptions
- Analysis & Reporting
- Writes client research reports, creating impactful reports with detailed and meaningful insights using ThinkStoryLine and infographic methods, including headlines/executive summary, with very limited line manager supervision
- Directs and trains junior staff in creating meaningful presentations
- Presenting results to mid-level management at strategic clients, with more autonomy for non-strategic clients, supporting sales presentation
- Analysis data and use a variety of tools to run cross-tabs and interrogate the data for meaningful results / liaise with DP to generate useful tables
- Client Management
- Strategic clients:
- Regular interaction with junior and mid-level client management (presentations, phone calls, meetings, e-mail)
- Supports in pitches
- Non-strategic clients:
- Communicates regularly with client on a day to day deliverables and project level need basis
- Supports cross-selling in alignment with other Kynetec teams
Technical Skills Required
- Well connected with Kynetec colleagues
- Advanced knowledge of industry, basic knowledge of CE portfolio
- Expert project management skills
- Fluent in English
- Advanced in MS Office
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced presentation and communication skills
- Learning managerial skills
Typical Education and Work Experience Required
- Bachelor or master's degree
- Typically 6 to 7 plus years of work experience
- Desired: knowledge of Animal Health and Agriculture industries
- Demonstrates a variety of experience in research methodologies
If you meet the requirements and would like to take part in the growth of Kynetec, click here to apply
We guarantee discretion to all applicants.