Full Stack Developer
If you meet the requirements and would like to take part in the growth of Kynetec, click here to apply
We guarantee discretion to all applicants
Kynetec is the leading global full-service, full-spectrum market research company to the Animal Health and Crop industries. With offices across North & South America, Europe and Asia, Kynetec provides a comprehensive range of information and consultancy. It is a dynamic and fast-paced company with the financial backing to support its growth aspirations blending organic and acquisitive opportunities using cutting-edge technology.
Overview and Role Description
On a typical day, you can expect to be actively working on Kynetec's data pipelines and their content delivery platform. This will involve deep knowledge about databases, AWS' Big Data Services, and event driven architectures. Efficiency, quality, and experience with automation are paramount for this role to uphold the data flow for those who depend on it operationally, and those who consume it as part of the Kynetec Product Portfolio.
Team members around the world will depend on you, so effective communication is vital. Setting the right level of expectation is extremely important too, not just within team but business users, operations staff, data engeneers and consumers, and end-users as well. As a Full-Stack Developer, it's expected you'll work closely with Senior Director of Software Development and DevOps to help identify bottlenecks and break through ceiling boundaries because there's always room for improvement!
- Working with large (Exabyte) volumes of data - exporting, transforming, migrating, sanitising and cleaning as asynchronous batch jobs and streams
- Data mining
- Rule-based, fuzzy logic, and machine learning data processing
- Extensive practical experience using a wide range of AWS technologies, including: S3, EC2s, Lambda, Step Functions, Glue, EMR, API Gateway
- Logging and monitoring of systems and data flows
- Creating, maintaining, and testing back-end API-based services
- Creating, maintaining, and testing front-end web-based GUIs
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks and weaknesses in execution/process flows and pipelines
- Working with and alongside DevOps and Support staff
- Developing and maintaining large, distributed, highly available, highly scalable, event driven, serverless and microservice architectures
- Participating in the Scrum team activities
- Supporting and working with other members of the development team